- The Rockford IceHogs have won three straight games since snapping a franchise record-tying nine-game winless skid. The win streak is just the second such streak of the season and first since winning four consecutive games from Oct. 21-28.
- The IceHogs have scored 4+ goals in each of their three wins during the streak, combinig for 14 goals in three games during that span.
- Rockford is currently riding a streak of 30+ shots in eight straight games, dating to Dec. 2. The team has totaled 914 shots in 28 games this season to rank fourth in the AHL with 32.64 shots per game.
- Mark McNeill assisted on one of the IceHogs' six goals Wednesday to move into a tie with Preston Mizzi for the third-most points in Rockford's all-time point rankings at 148.
- The IceHogs have overcome a deficit to notch come-from-behind wins in each victory during their three-game win streak. The Hogs overcame a 1-0 deficit against Manitoba, 3-1 deficit at Chicago and 1-0 deficit vs. Chicago during the streak.
- Rockford’s penalty kill unit has allowed just one power-play goal over the last four games. The IceHogs PK has killed off 17 of 18 man-advantages in that span.
- Evan Mosey tallied both a point and assist against the Wolves for his first AHL points of his professional career. Mosey has two points, 11 shots and a +2 rating in his nine games with the IceHogs this season.
- The Hogs power-play unit scoreless in back-to-back games over a combined 15 opportunities. Dating to Dec. 10, the IceHogs are just 1 for their last 22 on the man-advantage.
- The IceHogs reached the double-digit win plateua following Wednesday’s victory over Chicago and are now seventh in the Central division with a record of 10-13-2-3.
Upcoming Home Games:
Wednesday, December 21 vs. Chicago Wolves: Puck Drop is 7 p.m. The first 2,500 fans in attendance recieve a poster, courtesy of Hub Printing, commemorationg IceHogs Captain Jake Dowell’s 300th IceHogs game.Dowell set the all-time franchise record for games played on Dec. 21. Wendesday is also fourth of 10 Winning Weekday games, presented by Fas Fuel, where after every IceHogs weekday home win (Monday – Thursday), all fans in attendance can redeem their game ticket for a FREE ticket of equal or lesser value to the next weekday game. All fans who attended the game on Wednesday, Dec. 21, are also encouraged to redeem their tickets as Rockford took a 6-2 win over Chicago in the contest. In addition, fans can take advantage of $2 beers, soft drinks, hot dogs and companion tickets as part of the WXRX Dollar Days offer.
Friday, December 30 vs. Iowa Wild: Puck drop is 7 p.m. The Hogs are hosting a Youth Jersey giveaway for the first 1,000 kids 14-and-under to enter the arena, courtesy of OrthoIllinois. Fans ages 21 and older can kick off their weekend with a Pre-Game Party at the Blues Flame Lounge, located on the BMO Harris Bank Center concourse. Friday’s event begins with live music from “Roy Roots” at 5:15 p.m. and will also feature free appetizers and happy-hour specials.
Bud Light Monthly Monday Hog Talk At Vintage 501:
Bud Light Hog Talk’s fourth segment at Vintage 501 will be Jan. 2 from 6-7 p.m. The fourth show will feature two IceHogs players and head coach Ted Dent. Vintage 501 is located in downtown Rockford at 501 E. State St. Fans can join broadcaster Bob Mills and Kevin Peters from 6-7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month throughout the season as the duo chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. For those unable to attend the show in-person, Monday’s show will be streaming live on WXRX.com. “Bud Light Hog Talk” will also be available on www.icehogs.com following the live show. Fans can access the podcast through the “Audio Highlights” link in the “Multimedia” menu.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2016-17 on WIFR’s “Justice Network” on 23.3. The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194, Dish Network channel 252 or Mediacom 102 in the Rockford market and online through AHLLive.com. Every TV broadcast will start with “IceHogs Warm Up” 30 minutes prior to puck drop. Fans can also listen to the action for free at WXRX.com and sportsfanradio1330.com. A select number of games will be aired on Sports Fan 1330 AM throughout the season. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com, and for the complete schedule of radio broadcasts, visit sportsfanradio1330.com.
Tickets On Sale for 2016-2017!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2016-17 season. Tickets can also be purchased online at IceHogs.com, in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford or at any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.