Rockford, Ill. - The American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs announced plans to improve arena access for fans and enhancements to public safety at the BMO Harris Bank Center for the upcoming 2016-17 season. The plan includes the implementation of a strict clear bag policy at the arena, effective on Friday, Oct. 28.
To provide a safer environment for fans and significantly expedite fan entry into the BMO Harris Bank Center, this policy will limit the size and types of bags that may be brought into the arena.
Fans are allowed to bring the following into the arena:
• Bags that are clear, plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.”
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
• Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” are allowed into the arena with one of the clear plastic bags
• Diaper bags will be permitted for families with infants and toddlers
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the entrances
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, camera bags, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, computer bags and any bag larger than the permissible size.
Fans should continue to plan on arriving early to games to ensure they are in their seats in time for the opening faceoff. Regular security procedures, including wanding at entrances, will remain the same as last season.
To help transition into this new policy, the first 1,500 fans to enter the game on Sunday, Oct. 23 will receive a clear tote bag courtesy of Dr. Sexson Orthodontics. The clear tote bags will also be available for purchase at Oink Outfitters.
Below is a link to some Frequently Asked Questions. If you have further questions that are not answered through the FAQ’s, call the IceHogs at (815) 986-6465 or email the BMO Harris Bank Center Security and Guest Service Manager Jim Lawson at JLawson@smgrockford.com.
Bag Policy FAQ