- Today is the first official “work day” for the IceHogs per Head Coach Jeremy Colliton as yesterday’s skate was an opportunity for players to “get their feet under them.”
- Roster broken up into Team A and Team B.
FWs: Moynihan, Iacopelli, Boomhower, Sandler, Nilsson, Noel, Thompson, Samuelsson, Bondra, Kurker
D: Manning, Snuggerud, Gilbert, DeBrincat, Hillman
G: Tomkins, Iles
- D and FWs split of into separate groups. FWs, led by assistant coach Derek King, work on puck retrieval and movement below the goal line. Assistant Sheldon Brookbank walks defense through drills.
- In 3-on-2 corner battle drills, FW Matthew Thompson gets banged up. Appears to be a lower-body injury and departs the ice with assistance. Thompson, who signed with the Indy Fuel (ECHL) this summer, joined the IceHogs camp on a pro tryout.
- Team A transitions to 5-on-4 play with breakouts out of the defensive zone and re-grouping in the neutral zone.
- Team A session ends. Team B will feature:
FWs: Welychka, Broadhurst, Maloney, Sikura, Knott, Schmalz, Louis, Schroeder, Dufour
D: Powers, Campbell, Shurhamer, Raddysh, McArdle, Carlsson
G: Lankinen, Pawloski
- Team B runs through similar drills as Team A. Lively bunch with a lot of hooting and hollering.
- Forward Terry Broadhurst, who is making his second stint with the IceHogs this season, showcasing some veteran hockey sense. Quality passes and good awareness. Sets up a couple goals during the board battles below the goal line.
- Broadhurst sets up ANOTHER great goal in the scrum. Receives high praise from coaching staff. He will be a relied upon heavily for play-making ability this season. #HogsCamp
- Team B wraps up with close-quartered 2-on-2 battle in the corner. Goaltenders roughly 20 feet apart. Showcases some good creativity in tight spaces. Competition and discipline preached by Head Coach Jeremy Colliton. Losing team will have conditioning skate.