The IceHogs are pleased to announce another year of the Rockford IceHogs Reading Program presented by Rose Pest Solutions
The IceHogs are committed to improving literacy in the state of Illinois by encouraging students to increase the minutes they spend reading both in school and at home while receiving IceHogs prizes for their accomplishments.
How the Program Works
- Students K-6th Grade can participate.
- Each teacher must register their classroom online by Friday, October 25th.
- The program will run from: November 18th – December 13th.
- Students must submit their own individual reading bookmark to their teacher at the end of the program.
- Each teacher will submit total hours read along with a top reader (most time read) of the program online between the week of Monday, December 16th- Friday, December 20th before giving back the student their completed bookmark.
- All students that complete the program will bring their completed bookmark to the BMO box office on Sunday, January 5th game against the Chicago Wolves.
- Kids who attend the January 5th game will get to participate in a parade across the ice during the intermission and receive an IceHogs player bookmark.
Great Prizes Students Can Win
Readers will be entered into a raffle based of their minutes read (the more minutes, the more entries.) Raffle prizes consist of:
- One (1) IceHogs PRACTICE JERSEY
- One (1) IceHogs TEAM SIGNED STICK
- Tickets to upcoming IceHogs games
The classroom with the most total minutes read (based on average minutes per student) during the entire program will receive:
- Pizza party with an IceHogs player
October 25th: LAST day to register classroom online
November 18th: Program begins
December 13th: Program ends
December 16th- 20th: All Teacher’s submit student’s reading hours
January 5th: Bring completed bookmark to BMO Box office to redeem for One (1) Free Ticket to the game. Game starts at 4pm