10/29/2012 11:05 AM
Week 3 Results
Thursday, Oct. 25: San Antonio 1 vs. Rockford 2 SO
Saturday, Oct. 27: Rockford 6 at Grand Rapids 5 OT
Sunday, Oct. 28: San Antonio 1 vs. Rockford 3
Week 4 Schedule:
Friday, Nov. 2 vs. Chicago 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 3 vs. Lake Erie 7:05 p.m.
Week 3 Recap:
Going into Week 3, the Rockford IceHogs were just coming off of their first win of the season through five games. By the end of Week 3, the Hogs extended that lone victory into a four-game winning streak, including a couple of thrilling match-ups that lasted past regulation and a come-from-behind road victory.
- After starting the season 0-3-0-1 through four games, Rockford has won four straight contests
- The IceHogs finished October with an above .500 record (4-3-0-1) for the first time since 2008 when the team went 7-2-0-0 in October
- Six of Rockford’s first eight games finished as one-goal affairs
- Brandon Pirri has points in four straight games, totaling 3g-3a during his hot stretch
- Carter Hutton has allowed two or fewer goals in five of his seven starts this season
- Hutton has won three straight starts
- Rockford won three games, three different ways in Week 3 as their three victories came via the shootout (10/25 vs. SAN), overtime (10/27 at GR) and regulation (10/28 vs. SAN)
- Defenseman Joe Lavin had assists in three straight games (from 10/21-10/27), a career high
- Rockford’s 6-5 overtime win over Grand Rapids on Saturday moved the team’s all-time record against the Griffins to 19-4-0-4
- Brandon Pirri scored his second career overtime game-winning goal in the win
- Jeremy Morin attempted Rockford’s first penalty shot of the season on Sunday and was denied by San Antonio’s Dov Grumet-Morris
- The IceHogs have now missed six straight penalty shot attempts going back to 1/30/10 when Akim Aliu beat Grand Rapids’ Thomas McCollum
- During the team’s AHL era, Rockford is 2-14 on penalty shots
- Wade Brookbank played in his 400th career AHL game on Saturday
Hot Hog: Week 3:
Carter Hutton, Goalie
Carter Hutton continues to lock down the IceHogs goalie position and picked up three more wins in Week 3. Hutton opened the week with a 29-save performance in Rockford’s 2-1 shootout win over San Antonio on Thursday. Then on Friday, the IceHogs’ offense helped pick Hutton up, as the puck stopper turned away 28 Grand Rapids shots in a 6-5 overtime win in Michigan. Hutton came back on Sunday and turned in his second one-goal performance of the week, stopping 23 San Antonio shots in a 3-1 Rockford victory at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Friday, Nov. 2 vs. Chicago Wolves: The puck hits the ice at 7:05 p.m. as the IceHogs battle their divisional foe for the first time at home this season and the game is an Illinois Lottery Cup contest. The first 1,500 fans (21+) will receive a voucher for a Hammy Glass Mug courtesy of Applebee’s. The voucher will be redeemable at either Applebee’s location in Rockford.
Saturday, Nov. 3 vs. Lake Erie Monsters: A 7:05 p.m. start, the IceHogs square off against the Monsters for the first time this season. Saturday’s contest is also Bobblehead Election night, where the first 4,000 fans will have the option of choosing either a Mitt Romney or President Obama bobblehead courtesy of Dental Dimensions and WIFR. There will be 2,000 of each candidate and the first to run out will be declared the winner.
Bud Light Hog Talk Tonight At District Bar and Grill:
Bud Light Hog Talk appears tonight at District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. District is located one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center on West State Street. Fans can join Slavko Bekovic from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as he chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. This week’s guests include IceHogs forward Brandon Bollig, defenseman Joe Lavin and Assistant Coach Ben Simon. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on WIFR’s 23.2 “Weather Now.”
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on WIFR’s 23.2, “Weather Now.” The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable Channel 436 or Mediacom 101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.