Photo by Greg Hamil
Rockford returns from Christmas Break to take on Milwaukee
Week 12 Recap
The Rockford IceHogs leave for Christmas break with a split, beating the Chicago Wolves 3-2 at home on Friday but losing 2-1 to the San Antonio Rampage on Saturday. The team picked up two points in Week 12 and returns from the holiday to face the Milwaukee Admirals on Saturday at the Rockford MetroCentre before heading to Chicago on Sunday.
Week 12 Results
Friday, Dec. 18: Chicago 2 vs. Rockford 3
Saturday, Dec. 19: San Antonio 2 vs. Rockford 1
Week 13 Schedule
Saturday, Dec. 26 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 27 at Chicago, 3 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 26 vs. Milwaukee Admirals: Game time is 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs and the Admirals tangle at the Rockford MetroCentre for the third time this season. The first 2,500 fans into the building will receive an IceHogs winter scarf courtesy of Mega Truck Rental and Q98.5. One lucky fan will also have the chance for the IceHogs to pay their electric bill for the duration of the 2009-10 season.
Sunday, Dec. 27 at Chicago Wolves: The puck drops at 3 p.m. Rockford faces the Wolves for the eighth time this season, their fourth game at the Allstate Arena. The game is the final one between the West Division rivals until Feb. 28.
- In 27 meetings with the Chicago Wolves, the home team has won 23 times.
- The IceHogs improved 12-2-0-0 all-time against Chicago at the MetroCentre in regular season games.
- Defenseman Richard Petiot had his second multi-point game of the season, assisting on two goals on Friday.
- The IceHogs are 11-4-2-0 when team-leading Mark Cullen (11g-16a) records a point. They are 5-11-0-1 when Cullen is held scoreless.
- The IceHogs allowed a season-low four shots on goal in the third period on Saturday against San Antonio.
- Bracken Kearns has tallied 19 points in the last 24 games after netting only two points in the first ten games of the season.
- The last five contests in which Jack Skille has recorded a point, he has finished with a multi-point game (5g-5a).
- Kyle Greentree has recorded points (7g-7a) in 11 of his last 12 games after scoring only five points (1g-4a) in his first 14 games.
- The line combination of Kearns, Skille and Greentree accounted for 48.5% of the Hogs’ goals (16 of 33) since Nov. 25.
- The IceHogs have had a total of three players (Bryan Bickell, Jake Dowell and Skille) recalled to Chicago 12 different times.
- The IceHogs have gone 24 straight games without being involved in a shootout or overtime, the team’s second longest streak since 1999-2000 (27 games).
- Rockford is tied for second with Chicago for fewest overtime or shootout affairs with four. Hershey has the fewest with three.