Photo By Brandon Taylor
Week 13 Results
Monday, Dec. 31: Rockford 1 at Grand Rapids 3
Friday, Jan. 4: Rockford 1 at Hamilton 3
Saturday, Jan. 5: Rockford 2 at Toronto 5
Week 14 Schedule
Wednesday, Jan. 9 vs. Grand Rapids, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 11 vs. Grand Rapids, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 12 at Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
Week 13 Recap:
With a trio of road matchups slated for Week 13, the Rockford IceHogs fell short in all three tilts and coughed up the top spot in the Midwest Division. The Hogs return to the BMO Harris Bank Center for a pair of contests with Grand Rapids during Week 14 and a bout with the Admirals in Milwaukee on Saturday.
- Rockford dropped all three games in Week 13, all on the road for the club’s first three-game road losing streak of the season
- During the three game losing streak, Rockford has given up at least one goal in every period
- The IceHogs three-game losing streak comes on the heels of a three-game winning streak
- Rockford has had four streaks this season featuring a three or more game losing streak and three streaks featuring three or four-game winning streak
- Martin St. Pierre became the 83rd player in AHL history to notch 500 career points in the AHL with his assist on Saturday in Toronto
- Rockford has given up a power-play goal in six straight games dating back to Dec. 22 and the penalty kill is 7-28 (75.0%) over that stretch
- Rockford has scored just four goals over their last three games
- After a 3-1 loss on Friday in Hamilton, Rockford remains without a regulation win against the Bulldogs in 10 all-time meetings
- Rockford is 2-8-0-0 all-time against the Bulldogs
- Rockford’s 5-2 loss at the Ricoh Coliseum marked the team’s first regulation loss in Toronto is six all-time matchups
- Three of the next five games for Rockford are against Grand Rapids, all three at home
- Seven of the next eight games for the IceHogs will be played on home ice
Hot Hog: Week 13
Martin St. Pierre Center
Rockford’s team captain became the 83rd played in the history of the American Hockey League to reach 500 career points. After getting held without a point in back-to-back games, St. Pierre marked a first-period assist in Toronto on Saturday to notch his 500th AHL point. In 35 games this season, St. Pierre leads Rockford with 31 points, including tied for a team-high 14 goals and 17 assists. In 475 career AHL games between Edmonton, Norfolk, Rockford, Providence, Binghamton and Springfield, St. Pierre has 139g-361a-500pts.
Wednesday, Jan. 9 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins: A puck drop slated for 7:05 p.m. Rockford hosts Grand Rapids for the first time on the campaign at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The Midwest Division foes have met four times thus far, all at the Van Andel Arena. The contest is also a WXRX Dollar Day as fans can purchase soft drinks, beers, hot dogs and companion tickets for a dollar each.
Friday, Jan. 11 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins: Beginning at 7:05 p.m. the IceHogs and Griffins rematch at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The two squads will meet two more times on the campaign, both in Rockford.
Saturday, Jan. 12 at Milwaukee Admirals: Game time is 7 p.m. as Rockford closes out the week in Milwaukee for a Midwest Division matchup with the Admirals. The IceHogs are 1-1-1-0 at the BMO Harris Bradley Center thus far on the campaign and hold a record of 2-2-1-0 overall against Ads.
Bud Light Hog Talk Back in 2013:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns tonight to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. District is located one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center. Fans can join Mike Peck from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as he chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. This week’s guests are IceHogs forwards Philippe Paradis and Ben Smith and Head Coach Ted Dent. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable Channel 436, Charter Cable-970 or Mediacom 101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.