Photo By Steven Christy
Rockford prevails twice via comeback fashion
Week 22 Results:
Friday, March 8: Rockford 4 at Oklahoma City 3 SO
Saturday, March 9: Rockford 7 at Oklahoma City 4
Sunday, March 10: Rockford 2 at Chicago 3
Week 23 Schedule:
Friday, March 15 vs. Chicago, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 16 vs. Peoria, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, March 17 at Chicago, 3 p.m.
Week 22 Recap:
Not only did the Rockford IceHogs have three games slated in three days during Week 22, but all three tilts were away from home ice. The Hogs dismissed the daunting task and earned a pair of third period comeback victories in Oklahoma City, which helped the Hogs garner four of a possible six points. The Hogs will face another three-in-three during Week 23, with each against Midwest opponents and two scheduled at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The IceHogs (62 points) enter Week 23 three points back of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference, currently held by the Abbotsford Heat.
- Rockford earned two third-period come-from-behind victories over the weekend and now leads the AHL with eight wins when trailing after the second period
- The IceHogs also lead the AHL with 10 wins when behind after the first frame
- On Friday the IceHogs overcame a 3-0 deficit and then on Saturday, the Hogs overcame a 4-1 deficit in Oklahoma City, the second and third times Rockford battled back from three-goal deficits on the road this season (2/5/13 at Texas)
- In three games over the weekend, Rockford allowed just 11 shots on goal in the third period
- On Friday, the IceHogs held Oklahoma City to just eight shots on goal from the second period through overtime
- Jimmy Hayes matched an IceHogs single-game record with five points on Saturday (3g-2a) and notched Rockford’s first hat trick of the 2012-13 season
- Hayes’ three goal performance on Saturday marked his sixth multi-goal contest of the season, a single-season IceHogs record
- Brandon Pirri had his team season-high 10-game point streak come to an end on Sunday
- Pirri totaled 5g-8a-13pts during his hot stretch dating back to Feb. 13
- Goalie Carter Hutton saw his franchise record-tying six-game winning streak come to an end on Sunday
- Ryan Stanton scored his first goal of 2012-13 on Sunday and his first marker since April 7, 2012
- Rookie defenseman Adam Clendening has a six-game point streak dating back to 2/24/13, totaling 1g-7a-8pts
- Clendening scored the game-tying goal with just two seconds left in regulation on Friday in Oklahoma City and followed that up with a career-high three assists on Saturday
- Since losing in the shootout on opening night, Rockford has won five-straight shootouts
- In those five shootout wins, Rockford’s goalies have held their opponents to 7-35 in the shootout, an 80.0% save percentage
Hot Hog: Week 22
Adam Clendening Defenseman
Rookie defenseman Adam Clendening had points in all three games over the weekend for the IceHogs and is currently riding a six-game point streak. The rookie d-man opened the week by scoring a dramatic game-tying goal in Oklahoma City with just two seconds left in regulation, helping Rockford to a 4-3 come-from-behind victory. On Saturday, Clendening marked a career-high three assists in Rockford’s 7-4 comeback win over the Barons. The three assists also tied a team-record for most assists by a rookie. Clendening closed out the weekend with an assist on Sunday in a quick turnaround game in Chicago.
Friday, March 15 vs. Chicago Wolves: Beginning at 7:05 p.m. the Hogs host the visiting Chicago Wolves in an Illinois Lottery Cup contest. It marks the 10th of 12 meetings between the two rivals, and the first of two on the weekend. The IceHogs will also host country night presented by Q98.5 and Frito Lay, where fans will have the opportunity to listen to live music from Back Country Roads, participate in a cowboy/cowgirl dress-up contest to win Blackhawks tickets and ride a mechanical bull throughout the night.
Saturday, March 16 vs. Peoria Rivermen: Puck drops at 7:05 p.m. as the Peoria Rivermen come to town for an Illinois Lottery Cup matchup. The two squads have met eight times thus far on the campaign, where the IceHogs show a record of 5-3-0-0 against their Midwest Division opponent.
Sunday, March 17 at Chicago Wolves: Game time is set for 3 p.m. as the IceHogs travel to Rosemont for an Illinois Lottery Cup tilt with the Wolves. It will be the final meeting between the foes at the Allstate Arena and the two rivals will meet once more on the campaign in April at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Bud Light Hog Talk Returns Tonight:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns tonight to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. District is located at 205 West State St., one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center. Fans can join Mike Peck and Slavko Bekovic from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as they chat with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. This week’s guests include defenseman Adam Clendening and goaltender Carter Hutton, and head coach Ted Dent. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast cable channel-436, Charter cable channel-970 or Mediacom-101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.