From chicagoblackhawks.com: (link
The United Center announced today the re-creation of its 300 Level into the newest destination for fans to experience Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks games – The Madhouse on Madison.
New for the 2009-10 season, the United Center’s 300 Level will feature a renovated concourse with 144 flat screen televisions powered by LG, new food and beverage stations above select seating sections and two new bars that open up to panoramic views of the arena.
With construction slated to be completed by September, The Madhouse on Madison will include:
• Exciting graphics and signs highlighting “The Madhouse on Madison”
• A variety of new menu items provided by the United Center’s new food and beverage provider, Levy Restaurants
• A new concession stand and seating area located in Section 326 called “Backstage.” This area will replicate the atmosphere of being backstage at a United Center concert and will include photos of music acts that played at the United Center along with a specialized menu from Levy Restaurants.
• New concession stands and bars located at the top of the 300 Level on the north side of the arena to provide fans sitting in that area with easy access to food and beverage service
• Two new novelty areas carrying merchandise unique to The Madhouse on Madison
• New concourse food stations with increased seating
• New video systems featuring photography, video and animation on the concourse walls which will create images and specialized programming for each individual event
“The Madhouse on Madison, a throwback to the old Chicago Stadium nickname, is another example of the innovative concepts we’re creating at the United Center in an effort to continually enhance and upgrade our fans game experience,” said Terry Savarise, Senior Vice President of Operations at the United Center. “The new renovations will allow fans the convenience of watching a game with modernized amenities no matter where you are in the 300 Level.”
In conjunction with the renovations, the Bulls new seating capacity will be 20,917 (formerly 21,711) and the Blackhawks will be 19,717 (formerly 20,500).
For more information or to purchase tickets to The Madhouse on Madison Street, please call the Bulls at (312) 455-4000 or Blackhawks at (312) 455-7000.