10/07/2008 10:27 AM
- From chicagoblackhawks.com: (link)
The Chicago Blackhawks today announced the launch of the new Blackhawks TV, presented by AT&T.
Free and available only at chicagoblackhawks.com, Blackhawks TV is updated with a streamlined, custom look. The revamped media player features exclusive Blackhawks content on seven channels, providing a state-of-the-art platform for Blackhawks fans to get even closer to their favorite team.
In conjunction with the launch, Blackhawks TV currently features three exclusive videos: a trick shot by 2008 Rookie of the Year Patrick Kane in extreme slow motion, a body check by right wing Adam Burish in extreme slow motion, and a walk through the Blackhawks’ renovated locker room, sponsored by Grants Appliances and Electronics, with defenseman James Wisniewski.
“Our goal with Blackhawks TV is to take fans behind the scenes and allow them to really get to know who these talented players are on and off the ice,” said Blackhawks Director of New Media and Publications Adam Kempenaar. “We’re offering fun, high-quality video content that fans can’t get anywhere else.”
Blackhawks TV channels include:
• BLACKHAWKS ALL ACCESS – An exclusive pass behind the scenes with the Blackhawks, providing insight into the team
• EYE ON THE HAWKS – Track the team before, during and after practice, as well as out in the community
• GAME DAY – All the game day coverage, including morning skate and post-game player interviews, along with Head Coach Denis Savard’s press conferences
• GAME HIGHLIGHTS – Catch every goal from every Blackhawks game
• REMEMBER THE ROAR – Features on the history of the Blackhawks former players
• LIVEWIRE – Live video streaming of press conferences and other Blackhawks and NHL special events
• HAWKCAST – Hear the Blackhawks' official podcast, including Hawks Insider with Assistant General Manager of Hockey Operations Stan Bowman and more.
The new Blackhawks TV also incorporates a fan poll and ticker displaying the latest team news. Future plans for Blackhawks TV include a weekly show featuring players, front office personnel and special celebrity guests.
To view Blackhawks TV log on to http://blackhawks.nhl.tv.