03/20/2008 4:57 PM
- From ChicagoBlackhawks.com: (link)
The Chicago Blackhawks had their 8th sellout crowd of the season last night when 20,942 fans were in attendance to watch the Blackhawks defeat the Washington Capitals 5-0. It was also the 9th time this season that a crowd of over 20,000 was in attendance.
On December 23rd versus Edmonton, the Blackhawks drew their first crowd of over 20,000 this season when 20, 151 were in attendance. Since then, the Blackhawks have sold out eight games.
The sold-out games were as follows:
December 26th vs. Nashville – 20,511
December 30th vs. Los Angeles – 21,715
January 6th vs. Detroit – 21,869
January 11th vs. Minnesota – 21,139
February 17th vs. Colorado – 21,715
March 7th vs. San Jose – 21,908
March 9th vs. Edmonton – 20,619
March 19th vs. Washington – 20,942
With four games remaining on the home schedule, the Blackhawks have an opportunity to sell out at least 10 games before the season is over. The remaining home schedule is as follows:
Sunday, March 23rd vs. St. Louis – 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 30th vs. Columbus – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 2nd vs. Detroit – 7:30 p.m.
Friday, April 4th vs. Nashville – 7:30 p.m.
• Ticket Sales are up 45% (after 36 games) of last year. This represents over 3,600 more paid tickets per game.
• Ticket Revenue is up 46% from last year.
• March 16 was our 8th sell-out of the season – giving us more sellouts this season than in the last 5 years combined
BLACKHAWKS MERCHANDISE SALES
• Fandemonium sales up 184%
• League ranking for per cap. ranked 16th at the end of last season; now ranked 9th
• Per cap from last February to this February increased 42% to third highest in the NHL
• Friday night, March 7th, Hull & Mikita Night, was the highest grossing retail Blackhawks game at the United Center ever.