02/04/2013 12:15 PM
WEEK 17 RECAP
Rockford comes up short in two tilts in Texas
Week 17 Results
Friday, Feb. 1: Rockford 0 at San Antonio 1
Sunday, Feb. 3: Rockford 2 at Houston 3
Week 18 Schedule
Tuesday, Feb. 5 at Texas 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 8 at Peoria 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 9 vs. Houston 7:05 p.m.
Week 17 Recap:
Coming out of the All-Star break in the midst of a season-high four-game losing streak, the Rockford IceHogs traveled to Texas seeking better fortune, however the Hogs were unable to snap their losing streak and dropped both contests to the San Antonio Rampage and Houston Aeros during Week 17. The IceHogs wrap up their season-long four-game road trip in matchups with the Texas Stars and Peoria Rivermen, before returning to the BMO Harris Bank Center on Saturday to close out Week 18 for a rematch against the Aeros.
- The IceHogs have lost a franchise record six-straight games dating back to 1/19/13
- The last four losses have been one-goal defeats
- Rockford lost a game for the first time this season on Sunday when carrying a lead into the third period
- The IceHogs are now 11-1-0-0 when leading after 40 minutes of hockey
- Rockford has been shutout twice this season, both by the score of 1-0, including a 1-0 loss in San Antonio on Friday
- A trio of players made their debut in an IceHogs sweater on Friday, including goaltender Henrik Karlsson and forwards Mathieu Beaudoin and Brad Mills
- Rockford has tallied just nine goals over their past five games for an average of 1.80 goals per contest
- Jimmy Hayes has 7g-2a-9pts over his past nine games
- Since the turn of the calendar year, Rockford is 3-9-0-0
- Wade Brookbank played in his 750th career professional game on Friday in San Antonio
- The IceHogs and Rampage combined for a Rockford single-period low nine shots on goal in the first period on Friday
Hot Hog: Week 17
Jimmy Hayes Right Wing
Winger Jimmy Hayes has picked-up the IceHogs offense of late, potting one of two Rockford goals scored during Week 17 and accumilating seven points (5g-2a) in the previous six contests. The second-year pro also moved into the top five among Rockford scorers, setting a career-high in points (24) and goals (13) through 44 contests.
Tuesday, Feb. 5 at Texas Stars: Puck drops at 7:30 p.m. The IceHogs close out their Texas roud trip with a bout with the Stars. It will mark the third of four meetings between the two squads on the campaign, as they meet once more for the season finale on April 20 at Texas.
Friday, Feb. 8 at Peoria Rivermen: Game time is slated for 7:05 p.m. as the Hogs and Peoria Rivermen meet in an Illinois Lottery Cup matchup at the Carver Arena as the IceHogs finish their four-game road swing. The two Midwest Division foes will battle three times at Peoria during the month of February.
Saturday, Feb. 9 vs. Houston Aeros: Beginning at 7:05 p.m., the IceHogs return to the BMO Harris Bank Center for their final duel with the Houston Aeros this season. The first 2,000 fans to enter will receive a Colin Fraser “Bobble Hands” figurine courtesy of Gatorade.
Bud Light Hog Talk On Hiatus:
Bud Light Hog Talk will return to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 11. Distict is located at 205 West State St., one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center. Fans can join Mike Peck and Slavko Bekovic from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as they chat with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. Next week’s guests include forwards Terry Broadhurst and Brandon Svendsen, along with assistant coach Steve Poapst. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast cable channel-436, Charter cable channel-970 or Mediacom-101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.