12/17/2012 11:15 AM
Photo By Jeff Hanisch
Article By: Fritz Stillings
Rockford picks up a point during Week 10
Week 10 Recap:
Though the Rockford IceHogs (13-12-1-1) dropped a pair of contests to Milwaukee and Hamilton during Week 10, the Hogs still managed to muster a point in an overtime loss to the Admirals, moving Rockford back atop the Midwest Division in a tie with Grand Rapids. The Hogs have earned 28 points thus far on the campaign, and have three games slated during Week 11 against Milwaukee (27 points) and with the Western Conference-leading Abbotsford Heat (15-5-3-3).
Week 10 Results:
Friday, Dec. 14 Rockford 3 at Milwaukee 4 OT
Saturday, Dec. 15 Rockford 4 vs. Hamilton 6
Week 11 Schedule:
Wednesday, Dec. 19 at Milwaukee 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 21 at Milwaukee 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 22 vs. Abbotsford 7:05 p.m.
- After winning seven of eight games, Rockford is winless in their last four (0-3-1-0)
- It’s been a season of streaks for Rockford as they lost their first four games (0-3-0-1), won five of six, and lost four of five before winning seven of eight games
- Center Martin St. Pierre turned in his second three-point effort of the season on Saturday, with two goals and an assist against Hamilton
- It was also his second two-goal performance of the season and he leads Rockford with 25 points and 12 goals
- Both St. Pierre (113) and Brandon Pirri (119) are closing in on Rockford’s all-time points record held by Jack Skille (128)
- Rockford has never beaten Hamilton in regulation in nine all-time meetings and is 2-7-0-0 against the Bulldogs since joining the AHL in 2007-08
- Ben Smith stayed hot in Week 10 with a goal and an assist and now shows 8g-11a-19pts in his last 15 games with a +5
- Rockford dropped their first overtime game of the season on Friday when Milwaukee topped them 4-3 in the extra session
- Over their past 18 meetings with Milwaukee dating back to the 2010-11 season, Rockford is 14-2-1-1 against the Admirals.
- In the 24 games prior against Milwaukee, Rockford was 8-14-1-1
- Philippe Paradis was recalled from Toledo on Sunday, the first roster addition for the IceHogs this season
- Last season, by Dec. 16, Rockford had 13 transactions that added a player to their roster
- Rockford became the last team in the AHL to add a player to their roster in 2012-13 after opening night
- Rockford joins Abbotsford, Syracuse and Toronto as the only teams to add just one player to their roster in 2012-13
- After holding their opponents to 26 or fewer shots on goal per game for nine straight games from 10/21-11/21, Rockford has allowed 32.18 shots per game over their past 11 contests
Hot Hog: Week 10
Martin St. Pierre Center
Rockford’s team captain continues to pace the IceHogs offense with four more points in Week 10. St. Pierre totaled 3g-1a-4pts in two games and now leads the IceHogs with 12 goals and 25 points. On Friday night in Milwaukee, St. Pierre helped the IceHogs force overtime with the Admirals when he scored the game-tying goal in the third period. The center then turned in his second three-point effort of the season, including his second two-goal performance, on Saturday against Hamilton in Rockford’s 6-4 loss to the Bulldogs. St. Pierre’s 25 points are 11th most in the AHL.
Wednesday, Dec. 19 at Milwaukee Admirals: With a 7 p.m. puck drop in Milwaukee, the IceHogs and Admirals square off for the third of five meetings during the month of December.
Friday, Dec. 21 at Milwaukee Admirals: Beginning at 7 p.m., the Hogs and Ads rematch at the BMO Harris Bradley Center for the third time in eight days.
Saturday, Dec. 22 vs. Abbotsford Heat: Game time is 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs host the Western Conference’s top team on Saturday for Stan Mikita Night. Blackhawks Ambassador and Hall of Famer Stan Mikita will be on hand to meet and greet fans. The first 1,500 fans through the gates will get a mini-stick, compliments of U.S. Cellular.
Bud Light Hog Talk Back Tonight:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns tonight at Onyx Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. Onyx is located at 1001 West Lane Road in Machesney Park. Fans can join Mike Peck from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as he chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. Tonight’s guests will feature IceHogs goaltender Carter Hutton, defenseman Klas Dahlbeck and video coach Matt Prefontaine. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at Onyx. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on WIFR’s 23.2 “Weather Now.”
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on WIFR’s 23.2, “Weather Now.” The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable Channel 436 or Mediacom 101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.