Article By: Chris Etheridge
12/28/2009 12:26 PM
Rockford takes on Milwaukee, Houston and Grand Rapids in Week 14
Week 13 Recap
The Rockford IceHogs came back from Christmas break hungry for a couple of wins and they got them over the weekend against West Division rivals Milwaukee and Chicago. The win on Sunday at the Allstate Arena was Rockford’s first since Jan. 2, 2009. The Hogs face Milwaukee, Houston and Grand Rapids in Week 14.
Week 13 Results
Saturday, Dec. 26: Milwaukee 2 vs. Rockford 4
Sunday, Dec. 27: Rockford 6 at Chicago 4
Week 13 Schedule
Tuesday, Dec. 29 at Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 31 vs. Houston, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 2 vs. Grand Rapids, 7:05 p.m.
- Rockford’s 6-4 win over Chicago marked just the second regulation win at the Allstate Arena for Rockford in 14 regular season games and first since 1/2/09
- The road win was just the fifth for either Rockford or Chicago in 28 regular season games all-time
- Bracken Kearns has recorded a plus/minus rating of even or positive in 30 of the 36 games in which he has played this season
- Rockford scored two shorthanded goals in Sunday’s 6-4 win at Chicago
- Entering play on Sunday, Rockford had just one shorthanded goal which was scored by Jake Dowell on 10/11/09 at Toronto
- Rockford’s power play is 2-34 (5.9%) over their last six games and has given up two shorthanded goals
- Goalie Alec Richards has an active three-game winning streak in both the AHL (with Rockford) and the ECHL (with Toledo)
- The last seven times Jack Skille has recorded a point in a game, it has been a multi-point game
- Skille has points in seven of his last 11 games
- Rockford has been out shot in three of their last four games, but have won all three of those games and lost the one game in which they outshot their opponent
- Winger Kyle Greentree was held without a point for just the second time since Nov. 25
- Pete MacArthur and Brian Connelly were +3 on Sunday, the first time the Hogs have had player +3 since Oct. 23 vs. Milwaukee
- MacArthur recorded his first professional three-point game (3a) on Sunday
- Rockford and Chicago combined for 10 goals on Sunday, the highest in a single game involving Rockford this season
- It was the team’s first win when allowing four or more goals in a game (1-8-1-0) this season
- The Chicago Blackhawks and their affiliates swept the Nashville Predators and their affiliates on Saturday, with Chicago, Rockford and Toledo all taking victories over Nashville, Milwaukee and Cincinnati
Hot Hog Week 13:
Rockford’s rookie defenseman Brian Connelly was a big contributor in both of the IceHogs wins during Week 13. Connelly fired home the game-winning goal and an assist in Rockford’s 4-2 win over Milwaukee, earning him the #1 Star of the game on Friday. On Sunday, the Bloomington, Minn. native registered a pair of assists and a plus/minus rating of +3 in Rockford’s 6-4 win at Chicago over the Wolves. Connelly finished the weekend with four points (1g-3a) and a +5 rating.
Tuesday, Dec. 29 at Milwaukee Admirals: Game time is 7 p.m. The IceHogs head to the Bradley Center for the second time in the 2009-10 season. It is the fifth of ten meetings on the season between the two teams.
Thursday, Dec. 31 vs. Houston Aeros: The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. Celebrate the New Year as the Rockford IceHogs take on the Houston Aeros for the first time at the Rockford MetroCentre. The IceHogs will be giving away five pairs of Chicago Blackhawks suite tickets to the Blackhawks game on Sunday, Jan. 10 at the United Center. Don’t forget your skates as the IceHogs will host a postgame skate on the MetroCentre’s ice and fans can watch the ball drop from New York City at 11 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 2 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins: The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. The IceHogs meet up with the Griffins for the third of eight times this season and first at the Rockford MetroCentre. The first 2,500 fans past the gate will pickup an IceHogs "Go Green" t-shirt thanks to BOB FM and WTVO.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Rockford IceHogs fans can catch all of the IceHogs regular and post-season games on the Hogs flagship radio station Rockford’s Voice, WNTA-AM 1330 and 30 regular season games on ESPN Radio 1380-AM, WTJK. Fans can also watch and listen to the Hogs on the World Wide Web with AHL Live! Visit the IceHogs Web site (icehogs.com) and click on the “click here to watch the AHL Live” icon, and for just $7, you can catch all of the IceHogs action on your computer. Also, fans with Comcast Cable television can tune in to Channel 57 for all the IceHogs hockey action this season. The broadcast begins with the Pregame Show 30 minutes before the puck drops. Make sure to give your opinion during the Comcast Post-Game Call-In Show following each game at (815) 874-8255.
Bud Light Hog Talk Tonight At Cousin’s Bar and Grill:
Bud Light Hogs Talk returns. Join WXRX’s Jim Stone from 6-7 p.m. at Cousin’s Bar and Grill as he chats with IceHogs head coach Bill Peters, defenseman Jonathan Carlsson and goalie Alec Richards. Cousin’s is located on the corner of East State St. and Perryville in Rockford. So stop by and take advantage of some great food and Bud Light specials. If you can’t make it out to Cousin’s, tune into 1330 AM, WNTA.
Tickets Now On Sale!
IceHogs individual game tickets are now on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2009-10 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the Rockford MetroCentre Box Office in downtown Rockford, at Hog Headquarters inside Cherryvale Mall or on the Web at www.metrocentre.com. Tickets start at just $10.