01/28/2013 11:30 AM
Photo By Greg Hamil
Article By: Fritz Stillings
Hogs drop three home tilts during Week 16
Week 16 Results:
Monday, Jan. 21: Texas 6 vs. Rockford 3
Friday, Jan. 25: Chicago 2 vs. Rockford 1
Saturday, Jan. 26: Oklahoma City 4 vs. Rockford 3
Week 17 Schedule:
Friday, Feb. 1 at San Antonio 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 3 at Houston 12:05 p.m.
Week 16 Recap:
Closing out their longest homestand of the season, the Rockford IceHogs fell in all three contests at the BMO Harris Bank Center during Week 16, causing them to slip into fifth place in the Midwest Division heading into the All-Star break. After Martin St. Pierre and Adam Clendening represent the Hogs at the All-Star Classic in Providence, R.I., Rockford will look to rebound on the road as they begin a four-game road trip in San Antonio and Houston this weekend.
- Rockford is stuck in a season-low four-game losing streak, matching the team’s longest of the season
- Defenseman Ryan Stanton matched his career-high assist total of 14 through 43 games
- Stanton marked 14 helpers in each of his first two full pro seasons
- Rookie defenseman Adam Clendening had two assists on Saturday and now leads all Rockford skaters with 21 helpers this season
- His 21 assists are third most among AHL rookies this season and tied for fourth among all AHL d-men
- Rockford returns from the AHL All-Star break with a season-high four-game road swing beginning Friday in San Antonio
- The IceHogs will play five of the next six contests away from home and 12 of the next 18 overall through March 23
- Jimmy Hayes has 4g-3a-7pts over his last four games
- Hayes has an IceHogs season-high four multi-goal games this season
- Over Rockford’s last 14 games, the IceHogs have had two four-game losing streaks and two three-game winning streaks
- Martin St. Pierre notched a goal on Saturday giving him 124 career points with the IceHogs, two shy of third all-time on Rockford’s AHL all-time scoring list (Brian Connelly-126)
- St. Pierre (87) is one assist shy of tying Petri Kontiola (88) for second on Rockford’s all-time AHL assist list
- With his minor penalty on Saturday, Philippe Paradis became the third different IceHogs skater to eclipse the 100 PIM total this season, joining Brandon Bollig (157) and Kyle Beach (142)
- After their loss on Saturday to Oklahoma City, Rockford fell to 0-5-1-0 all-time at the BMO Harris Bank Center against the Barons
- Of the six losses, including the overtime defeat, four of them are one-goal losses
- Rockford dropped their third home game in regulation to the Chicago Wolves this season on Friday
- Entering 2012-13, Rockford had lost eight home regulation tilts versus the Wolves over five seasons and 26 games
Hot Hog: Week 16
Jimmy Hayes Right Wing
After a bit of a cold spell from a production standpoint, IceHogs winger Jimmy Hayes has seven points over Rockford’s last four games, including three goals in three games during Week 16. Hayes began the week by potting a pair of markers in Rockford’s 6-3 loss to the Texas Stars. The multi-goal game was his team-best fourth this season. After getting held off the score sheet on Friday night, Hayes came back on Saturday and bagged another goal, his 12th of the season, against Oklahoma City. Overall this season, Hayes has 12g-11a-23pts in 42 games.
Friday, Feb. 1 at San Antonio Rampage: Puck drops at 7:30 p.m. The IceHogs begin their three-game march through Texas with a tilt with the Rampage. It marks the third of four contests between the two squads on the campaign, as they will meet once more in San Antonio on April 19.
Sunday, Feb. 3 at Houston Aeros: Beginning at 12:05 p.m. the Hogs and Aeros square off in a matinee affair at the Toyota Center. The two teams split the first two meetings back in November and will meet once again on Feb. 9 at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Bud Light Hog Talk On Hiatus:
Bud Light Hog Talk will return to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 11. Distict is located at 205 West State St., one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center. Fans can join Mike Peck and Slavko Bekovic from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as they chat with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast cable channel-436, Charter cable channel-970 or Mediacom-101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.