Photo By Greg Hamil
Rockford capitalizes on all three divisional contests
Week 20 Results:
Wednesday, Feb. 20: Rockford 4 at Peoria 0
Friday, Feb. 22: Grand Rapids 3 vs. Rockford 4
Sunday, Feb. 24: Rockford 2 at Chicago 1
Week 21 Schedule:
Friday, March 1 vs. Peoria 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 2 vs. Milwaukee 7:05 p.m.
Week 20 Recap:
Coming off of a pair of victories heading into Week 20, the IceHogs extended their winning streak to a season-high five straight games by defeating three different Midwest Division opponents. The Hogs took care of Peoria, Grand Rapids and Chicago to keep pace in the Western Conference playoff race, and will continue the divisional tilts through Week 21 with a couple of home games against Peoria and Milwaukee.
- Rockford has won a season-high five straight games dating back to 2/16/13
- Since losing six straight contests, Rockford has rebounded and won seven of their last nine contests
- Rockford went 7-4-0-0 in February, the team’s top mark in a month in 2012-13
- Winger Jeremy Morin is riding a six-game point streak dating back to 2/13/13, totaling 1g-7a-8pts
- Morin has points in nine of his last 10 games overall, racking up 3g-10a-13pts during that stretch
- Brandon Pirri also has a six-game point streak dating back to 2/13/13, notching 4g-3a-7pts
- Pirri notched his sixth game-winning goal of the season on Friday, tied for second in the AHL and running his franchise record total to 12
- The goalie combo of Carter Hutton (4-2-0-0, 2.16 GAA, .933 SPCT) and Henrik Karlsson (3-2-0-0, 1.98 GAA, .926 SPCT) combined to go 7-4-0-0 in February with a 2.08 GAA and a .930 SPCT
- Rockford has power-play goals in six straight games dating back to 2/13/13, going 8-30 (26.7%) during the hot stretch
- The unit, which has goals in nine of the Hogs last 10 games, ranks second in the AHL, converting 21.7% of their power play opportunities this season
- The power play is ranked third in the league on home ice (21.6%) and second on the road (21.9%)
- Since Jan. 9 when Rockford lost Nick Leddy, Marcus Kruger, Andrew Shaw and Brandon Bollig following the NHL lockout, the team has converted 24.4% (19-78) of their power plays, up from 20.4%
- After scoring two first period goals on Sunday, Rockford is now outscoring its opponents 58-57 in the opening frame, the first time since Oct. 25 that the Hogs have had more first period tallies than their opponents
- In the club’s 16 games since 1/18/13, they’ve outscored their opponents 23-14 in the first period and have lit a lamp in the opening frame in 14 of the 16 games
- The 14 goals against includes allowing four goals in the first period on both 1/19/13 vs. Grand Rapids and 2/5/13 at Texas
- Rockford has outshot their opponents 583-475 in the third period this season
Hot Hog: Week 20
Jeremy Morin Right Wing
Third-year winger Jeremy Morin continued his hot streak in Week 20, registering a point in all three games for the IceHogs. On Wednesday in Peoria, Morin tallied Rockford’s second goal in their 4-0 win over the Rivermen. Morin came back on Friday night and marked a pair of assists in Rockford’s 4-3 triumph over the first place Grand Rapids Griffins. To cap the week, Morin added an apple on Sunday, assisting on the eventual game-winning goal in Rockford’s 2-1 win over the Chicago Wolves in Rosemont. Morin is currently riding a six-game point streak dating back to 2/13/13, totaling 1g-7a-8pts.
Friday, March 1 vs. Peoria Rivermen: Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. as the Hogs welcome the Peoria Rivermen to the BMO Harris Bank Center for an Illinois Lottery Cup matchup. It’ll be the eighth meeting between the two Midwest Division rivals on the campaign with Rockford holding a 4-3-0-0 edge over Peoria thus far. The first 1,500 fans to the game will also receive a Hog Nation glow in the dark t-shirt courtesy of Toyota.
Saturday, March 2 vs. Milwaukee Admirals: The puck hits the BMO Harris Bank Center ice at 7:05 p.m. as the IceHogs host the Milwaukee Admirals for a Midwest Division contest. It marks the first meeting against the Admirals since Rockford’s overtime victory on Jan. 12. The first 1,500 fans through the turnstiles will get an IceHogs Sock Monkey thanks to BMO Harris Bank.
Bud Light Hog Talk Returns Tonight:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns tonight to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. District is located at 205 West State St., one block north of the BMO Harris Bank Center. Fans can join Mike Peck and Slavko Bekovic from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as they chat with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. This week’s guests include forward Mathieu Beaudoin, defenseman Kevin Quick and head coach Ted Dent. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast cable channel-436, Charter cable channel-970 or Mediacom-101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO Harris Bank Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.